Thursday, April 26, 2012

US: Obama Explains Increasing Medical Marijuana Crackdowns, Raids In 'Rolling Stone' Interview | Marijuana.com


"What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana," Obama said. "I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana -- and the reason is, because it's against federal law."
The president continued: "I can't nullify congressional law. I can't ask the Justice Department to say, 'Ignore completely a federal law that's on the books.' What I can say is, 'Use your prosecutorial discretion and properly prioritize your resources to go after things that are really doing folks damage.' As a consequence, there haven't been prosecutions of users of marijuana for medical purposes." 

Obama then shifted gears away from marijuana, saying that a "broader debate" on

I can't believe I voted for this duche and the primary reason was his statement on medical marijuana states.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice... well you know how it goes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment